Preparation course in Spanish
To make you as prepared as possible for your exchange year in Spain, we offer a three-week prep course in Spanish in the capital Madrid. The language course is organised by the end of the summer, right before your high school year starts. It will take place between the 19th of August to the 6th of September 2019.
We recommend everyone who needs some preparation in Spanish to attend the course. Please note that when attending the language course, you will join the Soft Landing Camp in Madrid instead of Barcelona.
About the language course
The course takes place at a Spanish for Foreign speakers' school, located in the heart of Madrid in the glamorous district of Barrio Salamanca. The district is close to Plaza de Colón and the Retiro Park, where you will be able to go and enjoy your lunch during the school break.
You will attend school for 3,5 hours per morning from Monday–Friday. You will go through the grammar and vocabulary basics, learn useful expressions and participate in quizzes and games with your classmates. Each lesson will take you one step closer to achieving your goals: to feel more confident and to communicate better in Spanish.
Every afternoon there are activities arranged for you to take part of. This can be fun workshops, pool hangouts, museum visits, and more. After that, you are able to enjoy the life in Madrid together with your classmates or host family.
Accommodation & meals
During the length of the language course, you will stay with a host family in Madrid. You often stay together with another exchange student, who is also about to spend their exchange year or semester in Spain. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included daily. The host family prepare a packed lunch for you to bring to school.
Three full school weeks (Aug–Sept)
- 20 Spanish classes per week
- School enrollment fee and tuition
- All school material
- Course diploma
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Introduction and orientation by our staff
- Assistance and supervision by our staff
- Full board host family accommodation
- Activities and workshops in the afternoons from Monday to Thursday
- Workshops about Spanish traditions, food, music, geography etc.
- Walking tours in Madrid
- Visits to the main museums of the city
- Visit to the Real Madrid Football Stadium, Santiago Bernabéu
- Visit to Alcalá de Henares
- Full day excursion to Segovia and/or Toledo during the weekends